PAN Aadhar Link
Government has fixed March 31, 2023 as the last date to link PAN with Aadhar. Citizens who have not yet linked their Aadhaar card with PAN link can do so online immediately. To link Aadhaar card with PAN card or to check its status, the candidate has to enter his Aadhaar card number and PAN card number on the said portal, after that it will appear in the portal whether your Aadhaar card and PAN card are linked or not.
If you do not link your PAN with the Aadhaar till 30th June 2023, your PAN will become inoperative. However, people who fall under the exempted category will not be subject to the effects of PAN becoming inoperative.
Also Read : PVC आधार कार्ड कैसे बनाएं?
How to Link PAN with Aadhar Online 2023 ?
- Linking PAN card with Aadhaar card is very easy and online.
- Citizens whose PAN card is not linked with Aadhaar card should first check their status online. After that if there is no link then follow some simple steps.
- Step 1 : The candidate has to open the income tax portal www.incometax.gov.in, in that he will get the option of “Link Aadhaar” and click on it.
- Step 2 : After that you have to enter your Pan card number and Aadhaar card number.
- Step 3 : Click on Continue to Pay Through e-Pay Tax.
- Step 4 : In the next step, the candidate will have to enter his mobile number and a one time password will also be received on the same number.
- Step 5 : Post OTP verification, you will be redirected to e-Pay Tax page.
- Step 6 : Click on Proceed on the Income Tax tile.
- Step 7 : After the completion of the verification step, Select AY as 2023-24 and Type of Payment – as other Receipts (500) the Citizen has to pay a fee of Rs.1000.
- Step 8 : After the payment Download the Receipt
- Step 9 : After 4 to 5 working days of payment, you will have to login again and follow the same procedure but this time the payment will not have to be done.
- Step 10 : After the process is complete, you will have to wait for a few days, the details will match with UIDAI and if everything is your match, then your Aadhaar card will be linked to the PAN card, you can also check the status from time to time.
Link PAN with Aadhar via SMS
The income tax department has started SMS-based Aadhaar to PAN linking facilities to make it easier for the residents to link their IDs. It can be done by sending an SMS to either 567678 or 56161. However, you need to use your registered mobile number.
Type UIDPAN <Space><12 Digit Aadhaar No.><Space><10 Digit PAN> and send a SMS to 567678 or 56161
For Ex- UIDPAN 111122223333 AAAPS1111A
Official Site : Click Here